Flood Insurance

Do you require flood insurance? Are you inside a flood zone?  Did you know that homeowners insurance doesn't pay for flood insurance claims? Flood insurance is very important if you plan on keeping your house & your possessions safe and secure. Flood coverage provides protection against losses that result from heavy and lengthy precipitation, storms, and blocked storm drains.

How can Flood Insurance protect me?

  • The insured structure & its foundation
  • Electrical and plumbing systems
  • Central air conditioning machines, boilers, & water heaters
  • Refrigerators, range tops, & built-in appliances
  • Tile, stone, carpets or hardwood flooring
  • Paneling, wallboard, bookcases, and cupboards
  • Window blinds
  • Detached garages detached structures (other than garages) require a separate Building Property insurance coverage
  • Debris removal

Personal contents in your premises.

  • Private possessions
  • Window Dressings
  • Window air conditioners
  • Microwave ovens and dishwashers
  • Carpets
  • Washers and Dryers
  • Freezers and Refrigerators
  • Valuable items that have been scheduled such as artwork and leather plus furs (around $2,500)

What flood insurance does NOT cover:

  • Destruction caused by dampness, mildew, or mold that may have been averted by the property owner
  • Currency, precious metals, and valuable papers
  • Property and belongings outside of an insured building.
  • Living expenses like temporary housing
  • Financial losses attributable to business interruption or loss of use of insured property
  • Nearly all vehicles like automobiles, motorbikes, RV's etc....

High-Risk Flood Vicinity or Low-Risk Flood Vicinity

Preparation is vital when it comes to keeping your home plus your goods out of deep water. If your house or business is inside a low or moderate flood hazard area, your building may possibly qualify to get a low-cost Preferred Risk Policy. While you are not required to procure flood insurance if your home resides in a low-to-moderate risk location, a Preferred Risk Policy will protect your home and its contents if the area suffers a small flood or a bigger flood which has extended into your low hazard area. In fact, many flood claims occur in low-to-moderate risk places. HRT Insurance Group will help guide you through your choices and enable you to understand the dangers in your area.