Do you require flood insurance? Are you inside a flood zone? Did you know that homeowners insurance doesn't pay for flood insurance claims? Flood insurance is very important if you plan on keeping your house & your possessions safe and secure. Flood coverage provides protection against losses that result from heavy and lengthy precipitation, storms, and blocked storm drains.
How can Flood Insurance protect me?
- The insured structure & its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Central air conditioning machines, boilers, & water heaters
- Refrigerators, range tops, & built-in appliances
- Tile, stone, carpets or hardwood flooring
- Paneling, wallboard, bookcases, and cupboards
- Window blinds
- Detached garages detached structures (other than garages) require a separate Building Property insurance coverage
- Debris removal
Personal contents in your premises.
- Private possessions
- Window Dressings
- Window air conditioners
- Microwave ovens and dishwashers
- Washers and Dryers
- Freezers and Refrigerators
- Valuable items that have been scheduled such as artwork and leather plus furs (around $2,500)
What flood insurance does NOT cover:
- Destruction caused by dampness, mildew, or mold that may have been averted by the property owner
- Currency, precious metals, and valuable papers
- Property and belongings outside of an insured building.
- Living expenses like temporary housing
- Financial losses attributable to business interruption or loss of use of insured property
- Nearly all vehicles like automobiles, motorbikes, RV's etc....
High-Risk Flood Vicinity or Low-Risk Flood Vicinity
Preparation is vital when it comes to keeping your home plus your goods out of deep water. If your house or business is inside a low or moderate flood hazard area, your building may possibly qualify to get a low-cost Preferred Risk Policy. While you are not required to procure flood insurance if your home resides in a low-to-moderate risk location, a Preferred Risk Policy will protect your home and its contents if the area suffers a small flood or a bigger flood which has extended into your low hazard area. In fact, many flood claims occur in low-to-moderate risk places. HRT Insurance Group will help guide you through your choices and enable you to understand the dangers in your area.